ICANN News Alert -- Status Update: IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process Implementation

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sun Sep 13 22:45:27 CEST 2009

we are in final stages of the WG last call and hope to have the final
documents to the AD this week.

It is too early to tell how well these changes will be implemented and
how quickly they will spread.

The browser software vendors are already meeting, however, informally
to assess how to incorporate IDNA2008 while coping with IDNA2003
legacy domain name registrations.

I know this is not a comprehensive response.

vint cerf