Comments on draft-ietf-idnabis-defs-10

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Tue Sep 1 22:50:40 CEST 2009

--On Tuesday, September 01, 2009 16:01 -0400 Vint Cerf
<vint at google.com> wrote:

> let's go with the "make sure the XN-label string is in
> lowercase before converting to U-label"

Ok.

I've patched the changes into Protocol, making modifications
only where conversion from A-labels to U-labels is discussed.
I'm going to post that version for WG review as soon as I can
get it compiled and submitted.  A version with the remaining
pre-IETF-last call patches (mainly the filling in of Section
numbers) will follow shortly (probably tomorrow) if either there
are no further comments or the comments indicate that this is
ok.   I've made no changes to Definitions -- the discussion
doesn't seem to require them.

Probably Rationale should be extended to discuss this issue and
the reasons for the "require lowercase" statement.  I'd welcome
text on that subject and advice as to where to put it, but will
make something up if I don't hear from people.