language question re: IDNs

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Wed Oct 7 16:04:35 CEST 2009

Agree. There's not a lot of excitement over the first 63 digits of pi as
a label (it exists, pleasingly enough), with, or without, "s" and "5"
variations, or "l" and "1" variations, or even
off-by-an-arbitrary-inner-digit-transposition ... umm ... "variations".

I'd prefer not to see "homomorphism" used, as someone is liable to try
and invent interesting algebraic structures of glyph ensembles over
which to attempt to map, while preserving the structure of the glyph
ensembles, elements of equivalence classes to possibly other elements of
possibly other equivalence classes.

A "no {algrebra|DNSSEC} here" disclaimer would be sufficient.

Eric