language question re: IDNs

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Wed Oct 7 15:16:43 CEST 2009

It would seem that the term homoglyph also covers what we call problematic
combination characters; for example cl and rn look similar to d and m.
Consider www.barclays.co.uk and www.bardays.co.uk

A homograph is two or more words that visually appear the same but may have
different meanings or origins.  In this context the origin is the script.

Best regards

Debbie