[secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-idnabis-rationale-13.txt

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Tue Oct 6 17:06:21 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 10:44:56AM -0400, John C Klensin wrote:

> said about this.   If there is consensus that "say nothing" (or
> "no reference") is an acceptable alternative, I would recommend
> that we simply remove that entire subsection rather than trying
> to fine-tune it.

I can support that.

> When the initial form of that paragraph was written a year or
> two ago, it seemed worthwhile to warn about that situation.
> However, at this point, maybe it isn't worthwhile enough to
> justify the effort to fine-tune this section.    In an ideal
> world, the warning probably belongs in the DNSSEC specs, rather
> than here, anyway.

Strictly, it's not a protocol issue, but an operations issue, and
therefore ought probably to be operational advice (likely to be
reviewed in DNSOP).  I cannot believe I am getting up in public and
saying this, but if people really need that advice to be written down
somewhere I am willing to write an I-D to say it.  Especially if that
clears the issues with the current IDNA drafts.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.