Confirming Consensus IETF 74

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Mon Mar 30 08:11:37 CEST 2009

I agree that this is a fair representation of the consensus at the WG,
and I agree that it represents a reasonable way forward.

The purpose of confirming the consensus on the list after a physical
meeting is (as I think of it) to verify that there is no significant
group of list members who disagree strongly with the consensus reached
at the WG meeting.

Thus, in this case (but not in very many others), it's reasonable to
assume that silence is consent.

                  Harald