consensus Call: TATWEEL
vint at google.com
Mon Mar 30 06:48:39 CEST 2009
what ever speculation there may be, my policy is not to take an
adverse action unless a particular email address becomes a source of
disruption that interferes with progress, wastes people's time, moves
the discussion into unhelpful channels. So far, LB has not said
anything that would merit such an action in my view. If that changes,
I will consider the same action I have taken with Mr. Morfin.
1818 Library Street, Suite 400
Reston, VA 20190
vint at google.com
On Mar 29, 2009, at 10:01 PM, Vint Cerf wrote:
> Thank you mark
> From: mark.edward.davis at gmail.com
> To: Vint Cerf
> Cc: idna-update at alvestrand.no
> Sent: Sun Mar 29 17:57:24 2009
> Subject: Re: consensus Call: TATWEEL
> Vint, I want to relay to you a relevant message on the topic of LB
> vs Morfin.
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 12:11, Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
> > wrote:
> Hi -
> My co-chair Martin Duerst and I, and the three independent ltru
> group participants we asked (as well as some we didn't ask), are
> convinced that "LB" is a sock-puppet for JFC Morfin. In consultation
> with Chris Newman, the responsible area director, we set the
> "moderated" bit for that subscriber address on the working group
> mailing list. If "LB" believes we have acted inappropriately, "LB" is
> free to follow the appeal process described in section 6.5 of RFC
> However, the vocabulary, style, content, and peculiar world-view of
> this latest missive leave me more convinced than ever that "LB"
> is indeed JFC Morphin, and that under the terms of RFC 3683
> we are well justified in suspending the posting privileges for that
> ltru co-chair
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 17:36, LB <lbleriot at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/22 Vint Cerf <vint at google.com>:
> > Based on the on-line exchanges, it appears to me that the general
> > consensus is to ban TATWEEL by exception (ie. make it DISALLOWED).
> > Please respond with:
> > YES (ie make it DISALLOWED)
> > NO (ie leave it PVALID)
> > OTHER: <explain what you propose>
> Each TLD Manager to decide.
> > I will tally the responses arriving by April 4, midnight, EDT.
> Idna-update mailing list
> Idna-update at alvestrand.no
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Idna-update