consensus Call: TATWEEL

Alireza Saleh saleh at nic.ir
Mon Mar 23 21:36:04 CET 2009

No,

I think this is the registry  choice to make it DISALLOW. Would you
please tell me the reason of using  low-rise or Hyphen in English and
why it is allowed both for DNS and IDN ?

if you search Arabic-script you will  find more examples that are not
essential for language and may also be considered that they are only for
typography reasons. These codes are also PVALID under IDNA2008 policy.
I'm sure if the group put them for vote they will also have the same
ending as Tatweel ( Consider U+0651). In that situation I suggest to
disallow all characters in all scripts and then choose a list of allowed
characters among them. The name of the protocol could be changed to IDNA
for English users.

Alireza