Eszett and IDNAv2 vs IDNA2008

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Mar 13 17:42:47 CET 2009

Dear Andrew,
there are browsers brands enough on the market, and some in open
source, for the users to be able to use the ones supporting their
usage mode. Do not forget that IDNA is not for everyone, but for
those longing for it. For the time being IDNA is "xn--". There
are  money, interest, etc. enough in specifiying and supporting
"x.--" or "..--", for the browsers not to be an issue. The only issue
is the delay of this WG/IDNABIS in revising "xn--" since most de
facto accepted "xn--" as the Engish ASCII default proposition.
People who do not want to support the users' usage are of no interest
for anyone in a network, how big they can be.
jfc