Eszett and IDNAv2 vs IDNA2008

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Thu Mar 12 16:51:25 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:30:52AM -0400, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

> I mean, if two queries (local caching ignored) have non-identical
> results, does it matter what type the labels queried for are?

No, of course not.  The point here is that you have one U-label that
corresponds to two different A-labels, one under IDNA2008 and another
under IDNA2003.  If the plan is to query for A-label1, then if you
don't get a positive result query for A-label2, it is technically
speaking incorrect since the second answer cannot tell you anything
about what the answer to the first query would have been if you asked
that question again.  But it might be good enough.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.