draft-liman-tld-names-00.txt and bidi

James Seng james at seng.sg
Tue Mar 10 05:29:09 CET 2009

John,

1) While one may argue that DNS is not "words" nor does one has
"rights" to what "words" in DNS,  the fact is is that people do use
"words" in DNS and trademark owners are asserting their rights, as
well. I am sure you are aware of these, whether the reality is
something we like or not.

2) The debate whether people can make (or should make) money out of
DNS is over - fact is people already have and will continue to do so.

3) Like you, I am interested to know what valid uses of digits in
TLDs. I couldn't imaging one myself but perhaps I am missing
something.

-James Seng