Mapping and Variants

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Tue Mar 10 02:48:47 CET 2009

Ken I have been given examples from Mark Davis that seem to lead to a
different conclusion. I think he illustrated some of them in a
subsequent email.

If script mixing is permitted then the IPA characters, with distinct
codes, can indeed look like common characters from lower case ASCII,
for example.

Some of the problems I am worried about would be mitigated if script
mixing within a label were prohibited except under very definable
exception conditions.

vint

Vint Cerf
Google