IDNABIS Status post-IETF 75

Lisa Dusseault lisa.dusseault at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 10:24:07 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Vint Cerf <vint at google.com> wrote:

> By way of this message, I am asking Lisa Dusseault, the Area Director,
> to outline the procedures for Working Group Last Call. Once these
> procedures are complete, I plan to submit the finalized documents to
> the Area Director along with a brief cover letter outlining our work
> for presentation to the IESG. The IESG will either authorize the
> documents to enter IETF Last Call or return them to the Area Director
> (and implicitly to me as working group chair) for revision.

It is customary to do a Working Group Last Call, as part of determining
Working Group consensus for the documents.  Vint has asked for new issues
during this WGLC, and has indicated over the past year a number of issues
that the WG has closed (already come to consensus on).  Posting overall
impressions of the current state of documents can be useful during this time
as part of demonstrating consensus.

After WG consensus is determined, the documents would go to me for Area
Director review (though I've been following closely all along), then I send
the documents to IETF Last Call as required by RFC2026, and finally for IESG
Approval.

Thanks for your contributions & reviews,
Lisa