draft-ietf-idnabis-tables-06b.txt

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Tue Jul 21 16:23:21 CEST 2009

On 21 jul 2009, at 15.28, Matitiahu Allouche wrote:

>   Rule Set:
>      True;
>      For All Characters:
>         If Script(cp) .ne.  Greek Then False;
>      End For;
> <end of quote>
>
> Comment: since "cp" represents U+0375, there is not much point
> checking
> its script.  I guess that the check should be on the script of
> characters
> before and/or after cp itself.

Ok, here I see the need for an explanation. The "statement" "For all
characters" implies "cp" loops over all characters in the label. But,
this also hits on another issue we are discussing, and that is whether
these rules should set those limitations?

Is it not the case that the numeral sign only exists to the right of a
greek character? Is it not also the case that in reality it is used
after upper case letters, such that are DISALLOWED anyways, so this
numeral sign can actually be DISALLOWED as well?

Three alternatives exists:

1. Verify that all characters in label is greek script (as today, but
clarify rule)

2. Ensure the character before is greek script

3. Set as DISALLOWED

I suggest [2].

    Patrik