editorial comment to 2009-07 idnabis draft

Nicolas Krebs nicolas1.krebs3 at netcourrier.com
Sat Jul 18 11:27:10 CEST 2009

>Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:36:37 -0400
>From: John C Klensin <klensin at jck.com>
>To: Nicolas Krebs <nicolas1.krebs3 at netcourrier.com>, idna-update at alvestrand.no
>Subject: Re: editorial comment to 2009-07 idnabis draft

>These suggestions increase work to stay synchronized with other
>document

Indeed. Without my suggestion,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idnabis-tables-05#section-9.2
would be updated from
__________________
9.2.  Informative References

   [IDNA2008-definitions]
              Klensin, J., Ed., "Internationalized Domain Names for
              Applications (IDNA): Definitions and Document Framework",
              December 2008, <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
              draft-ietf-idnabis-defs-05.txt>.
__________________
__________________
9.2.  Informative References

   [IDNA2008-definitions]
              Klensin, J., Ed., "Internationalized Domain Names for
              Applications (IDNA): Definitions and Document Framework",
              June 2009, <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
              draft-ietf-idnabis-defs-09.txt>.
__________________

altought  with my suggestion it would be updated from
__________________
9.2.  Informative References

   [IDNA2008-definitions]
              Klensin, J., Ed., "Internationalized Domain Names for
              Applications (IDNA): Definitions and Document Framework",
              December 2008, <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
              draft-ietf-idnabis-defs-05.txt> draft-ietf-idnabis-defs-05 .
__________________
__________________
9.2.  Informative References

   [IDNA2008-definitions]
              Klensin, J., Ed., "Internationalized Domain Names for
              Applications (IDNA): Definitions and Document Framework",
              June 2009, <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
              draft-ietf-idnabis-defs-09.txt> draft-ietf-idnabis-defs-09 .
__________________

> and are inconsistent with the RFC Editor's standards.

Sorry, I did not know that.

>Unless there is considerable belief on the part of the WG that
>making them would improve efficiency, I'm disinclined to make
>them.

As you wish.

>It would be less effort (although definitely not zero) to
>generate HTML versions of the documents along with the text
>ones; I'm more inclined to do that if there is really a
>requirement of this type.

I don't understand this sentence, but
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idnabis-defs
link to the last version of draft-ietf-idnabis-defs.