Tables and contextual rule for IDEOGRAPHIC ITERATION MARKs

Kenneth Whistler kenw at sybase.com
Thu Jul 16 02:07:41 CEST 2009

I concur with Wil Tan on this opinion, too.

the simplest way to deal with U+3005 IDEOGRAPHIC ITERATION MARK
is to let it be PVALID and to remove the need for a CONTEXTO
rule definition for it.

Nothing significant is gained for IDNs in trying to define
a well-formedness rule for the use of this one character, out of
many other possible choices that could be made to try to
address well-formedness of East Asian character strings.
All it does is add a quirky one-off context rule that makes
the spec more complex.

--Ken