Stop me if I've misunderstood...

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Jul 9 12:55:10 CEST 2009

On 08/07/09 22:59, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> The idnabis work started with the assumption that mapping in the
> protocol was bad; that principle is in the charter.

Again, stop me if I've misunderstood this: are you saying that a bias
towards throwing away the IDNA2003-specified mapping layer in favour of
nothing, or something advisory, is in the initial charter of this group?

I ask myself, how on earth did I miss that? But also,	 why was this
thought such an obvious starting point that it made it into the _charter_?

Gerv