mappings-01

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sat Jul 4 14:40:21 CEST 2009

first, major thanks for this new version of the mapping document.

second, do the two of you have a preference for how this mapping
should be referenced?
Many participants have suggested that the mapping SHOULD be applied so
as to convey
the importance of the regularity the document produces but allowing
for circumstances that
might justify not mapping. I would underscore the weight given in IETF
terms to "SHOULD"
as one is expected to adhere to the advice and only deviate for very
good reasons.

vint