Charter changes and a possible new direction

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Wed Jan 14 06:04:40 CET 2009

On 14 jan 2009, at 05.26, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> Surely if that's the case (and I don't deny it), a system as
> complicated as IDNA2008 is going to encounter some trouble.

Btw, one more thing...I must ask you one thing (and warn everyone else
that I will ask them the same question ;-) ):

You claim IDNA2008 is complicated. What do you include in that
statement? When I have implemented IDNA2008, the problems has been in
for example (if you look at the tables document) implementation of
this rule:

2.2. Unstable (B)

      B: toNFKC(toCaseFold(toNFKC(cp))) != cp

*THAT* is not easy to implement, and very hard to get right (and
understand).

    Patrik