CLDR data (Re: Comments on the IDNA2008 document)

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Tue Jan 13 03:40:11 CET 2009

Dear John,
as you know the official reference is ISO 3106 which gives the
languages and script for each country that ccTLD should support to
comply at minima with WTP TBT rules. Then, once IDNA has stabilised,
Linguasphere 640 should permit to complete the ccTag system and
eventually deploy the  Multilinc initiative.

At 20:54 12/01/2009, John C Klensin wrote:
>on the Internet and, even there, it appears
>that very strong recommendations to keep language or locale
>information for each label has not been successful.

> > The question of making registrations match with locales has
> > been pushed  off to the registries, and I think it should stay
> > pushed.
>
>Concur.

Yes. Let users deal with usage issues.
To obtain it let just finish IDNA.