Valid/invalid Label

Alireza Saleh saleh at nic.ir
Fri Feb 27 21:23:15 CET 2009

Theoretically yes, but it is not possible to blame the registry service
about whatever the owner of the domain wants to create under his domain.
The current DNS topography shows it is important to keep second level
labels safe. Consider a company owns x.com and having a legal service
under y.x.com, is possible for that company to create another host such
as z.x.com for phishing against y.x.com ?

Currently many registries have some regulations under their TLD without
having any control of the sub-domains to protect against trademarks,
confusion and etc.

Alireza