Esszett, Final Sigma, ZWJ and ZWNJ

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Tue Feb 24 00:33:25 CET 2009

On 24 feb 2009, at 00.17, Paul Hoffman wrote:

>> Sweden had a special rule for this during the sunrise of original
>> addition of IDN domain names. At that time, the only ones that
>> could register domain names in Sweden where the ones that had a
>> name of a person or organisation that had some connection to the
>> registered name. During the sunrise, the ones that had a
>> translitterated domain name (ö -> o for example) could get a domain
>> name in the first round of the sunrise.
>
> So, a sunrise period but no bundling, correct?

Correct.

But, you should also remember what I said above, that you could only
register a domain name if you could show that you actually used that
name yourself. So if I had registered faltstrom.se (possible as my
last name is Fältström), and did not grab that during the sunrise, you
could not as Paul Hoffman grab it after the sunrise. Only others
having the name Fältström (or alike).

So it was sort of bundling during the sunrise, and then it opened up.

Today, anyone can register anything in .SE.

    Patrik