Another Transition Plan Proposal

Andrew Sullivan ajs at
Sat Dec 12 21:51:25 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:59:57PM -0500, John C Klensin wrote:

> Even if one made that particular stretch (IMO), the question
> remains whether the WG is prepared to hold the other documents
> until such time as we have consensus on a BCP in this area.

Sure, but it's one thing to say, "That needs a new WG, or recharter,"
and another to say, "Now we're stuck waiting for another document."
We're making trade-offs here, and since one of those waits is all but
guaranteed to be longer than the other, it's best to keep clear on
exactly what we're going to have to do.


Andrew Sullivan
ajs at
Shinkuro, Inc.

More information about the Idna-update mailing list