Another Transition Plan Proposal

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 11 03:27:28 CET 2009

Part of my reasoning is that different clients are agile in different ways.  If IE planned to deploy this in, say, september, and then an "important registrar" asked for it to be october instead, it'd be very difficult to change.  So if there is a transition period, I want a deadline that doesn't move.   That sets expectations whether the community can make the deadline or not.

I really don't want a time-trigger in the code, that'd cause all sorts of havoc.  The closest would be an update on the deadline, though I don't think any of the products I support would be that picky, it'd be their next scheduled release after that deadline.

-Shawn