Another Transition Plan Proposal

Kenneth Whistler kenw at sybase.com
Fri Dec 11 00:37:17 CET 2009

> > But Eszett is complex enough that I'm not sure that I even
> > understand what the above is proposing.
>
> Actually, what happens could be even simpler than that. What would be
> the downside, apart from perhaps the increase in size of the zone file,
> of just doing bundling for every possible instance of the characters?
>
> So as well as the obviously-correct cases, hassle.com would also have an
> alias as haßle.com. ...

That seems to be headed down a garden path that wouldn't
really serve anybody well.

So Stewart & Stevenson: http://www.ssss.com/

would then automatically trigger the bundling of what? ßss.com, sßs.com,
sß.com, and ßß.com? Does anybody really want to go there?

What about some snake afficionadoes who decide to register
hissssssssss.com?

--Ken