More detail: a sketchy idea for expressing zone policy

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Wed Dec 9 23:01:03 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 01:21:41AM +0330, Alireza Saleh wrote:
> (IMO) this mapping could be done by zone operators like bundling .

Well, yes.  The suggestion I've made pretty much depends on registries
doing bundling.  But Shawn and others have been arguing that, since
bundling isn't anything mandatory (and if it were, and were permanent,
there'd be no reason to add the characters to the repetoire anyway),
there's a problem.  The point of my suggestion is to make it possible
to find out what bundling has been done, and to make it possible to
make intelligent choices based on whether it has been or not.

Note that there's nothing web-browser-specific about this.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.