AW: Sharp-S and Final Sigma Consensus Call Results

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Wed Dec 9 22:30:30 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 04:12:52PM -0500, John C Klensin wrote:
> don't know how to pass a rule against that which would be
> somehow enforceable, but I think it should be clear that it
> isn't a really good idea.

Well, since we still haven't employed the DNS cops (my DNS-weenie
colleagues notwithstanding ;-), it's of course not enforceable.  But
yes, it's obviously a horrible idea.

I'm just very uncomfortable, because it seems to me that we were
trying to leave room for "local policy to do sensible things", and
we're now well into the realm of trying to specify at least some
classes of "obviously insane", which means that we're making rules
about what mapping is allowed.  That seems like a box that Pandora
ought to leave closed.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.