More detail: a sketchy idea for expressing zone policy

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Wed Dec 9 20:55:00 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 06:17:23PM +0000, Shawn Steele wrote:

> Sort of.  Most editors let you type http://whatever without actually
> looking to see if it goes anywhere.  OWA just highlighted
> http://whatever when I typed it, for example.

I see what you mean.  I wasn't supposing that this would happen all
the time.  My notion really was that we were trying to address the
problem of _arriving_ somewhere in an ambiguous way.  But of course
you're right that if you store the fußball.example in 2003, and then
.example upgrades to IDNA2008 with a policy "both PVALID", you may not
know that the fußball.example you stored is really just
fussball.example.  Phooey.  Well, nobody ever accused me of being
unwilling to propose bad ideas in public.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.