Additional thoughts on TRANSITIONAL

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Mon Dec 7 11:56:25 CET 2009

Hello Shawn,

On 2009/12/05 4:25, Shawn Steele wrote:

> Additionally, IF we chose to address the presentation aspect of the problem,
then we could also address numerous other presentation problems at the
same time.
English users are currently happy, DNS is "case preserving", so they can
get Microsoft.com or AAA.com or CamelCase.com if they want.

I tried www.MicroSoft.com and www.AAA.com, and in both cases, the
upper-case letters get changed to lowercase by DNS (*not* as a result of
a HTTP redirect, which happens at both sites). So if English users are
currently happy, it sure cannot be because of the casing properties of
the current (ASCII-only) DNS, or can it?

Regards,   Martin.

#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp