Bundling

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Sat Dec 5 00:46:05 CET 2009

I don't think it's nearly as hard as that :(  Governments make rules that they only buy software that supports feature XXX, or that they only allow software that supports feature XXX to be sold in their country.  Then the vendor has to decide if that market is worth selling to.

Or if it was the vendor's government, they could be ordered even more forcefully.

I think the industry has plenty of examples of both happening :)  Fortunately it doesn't usually get that far.

-Shawn