On graphs and equivalences

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Fri Dec 4 17:16:19 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 11:08:20AM -0500, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

> I lack the subject matter expertise to form an opinion on the
> necessity claim for tonos-free repertoire ("upper case") for the
> meaningful formation of resource identifiers, and therefore the
> necessity to form character equivalence classes.
>
> If the necessity claim arises from "words", then it suffers the same
> defect that the claims made for other "word properties"

To be fair, we don't need to go that far.  The goal of this WG was to
"Internationalize LDH".  Since LDH is case-preserving and
case-sensitive, one could (I do not, but one could) argue that some
kind of case-preserving case sensitivity is desirable for an
internationalized version too.  Words or the necessity for resource
identifiers then doesn't enter in.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.