Bundling of Domain Names and DNAME

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Fri Dec 4 14:47:24 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 08:36:50AM -0500, Vint Cerf wrote:
> Vaggelis,
>
> extensions of DNS in the XNAME direction would require creation of a
> new WG for this purpose.

It wouldn't require a new WG: that's exactly what DNSEXT exists for.
So I think that's why Vaggelis has sent a note to namedroppers.  It'd
probably make sense to take that topic over there and leave idnabis
out of the discussion, since the reason for the extension (mirroring
part of a tree to do DNS variants) is just one of the possible uses of
such a mechanism, were it possible to design it safely.  (For the same
reason, I send this only to the idnabis list, and not to that of
dnsext.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.