AW: Mapping?

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 17:05:12 CET 2009

Alex wrote:

>>ccTLDs are typically not contractually bound to ICANN.

This is true but somewhere along the line someone is contractually bound to
the domain name holder.  If ICANN/IETF issue any directive for the
safety/security/implementation of domain names and the TLD (g or cc) ignores
it, then they are liable to their customers for knowingly selling them a
domain name that MAY not work consistently.  I think they would follow any
directive in their own interests.

Best regards

Debbie