AW: Mapping?

Alexander Mayrhofer alexander.mayrhofer at nic.at
Thu Dec 3 12:24:00 CET 2009

> However, if we can gain some sort of assurance that .de and
> .at will bundle
> at the registry level any current weiß.com and weiss.com scenarios and

Note that your statement shows exactly that this problem is not just limited to registries in german speaking countries. It will affect any registry. Even those that never allowed any IDNs - if they allowed registration of "ss" character sequences, they are exposed to the transition problem you decribed above.

And i've never heard of any registry disallowing "ss" sequences, so it affects the whole industry, not just our esteemed German colleagues and us.

Alex