Consensus Call on Latin Sharp S and Greek Final Sigma

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 1 11:10:43 CET 2009

> 2) Could you maybe include a feature in IE's phishing filter,
> that evaluates if it is a phishing attack or peacefully coexisting
> website, or would this be impossible?

I don't own the filter, but it looks at bad behavior and bad reports more than look-alikes.  I would imagine that a phishing attack web site would have to be manually reported and blacklisted.  I don't know how the other browsers would handle it.

Of course if it was https, then the phisher would need a certificate, but the certificate issuers aren't always diligant about that sort of thing.

-Shawn