MVALID (was Re: M-Label or MVALID, and dangers with mappings?)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Mon Apr 13 21:54:08 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 03:42:55PM -0400, Vint Cerf wrote:
> if this is to be a separate document, this document still needs to be
> considered a part of the specifications because that is what we agreed to do
> in the last face/face working group meeting: ie. to map on lookup while not
> mapping on registration.
>
> In other words this mapping function is not distinct from the IDNA2008 spec
> at least that is how I read our conclusion at the meeting.

That's ok with me.  I have the impression that the mapping rules could
change quite independently of the IDNA2008 protocol, bidi spec, or
tables.  That suggests to me that they ought to be defined
separately.  I'm not going to fight hard on this matter, though -- I
don't have a very strong preference.  It just seems like a natural
division, is all.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.