Q2: What mapping function should be used in a revised IDNA2008specification?

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Wed Apr 8 03:37:48 CEST 2009

Hello John,

Part of your problem (:-) is that you have been around and working on
Internet stuff for longer than many or most of us. That's why you have
such a long-term perspective. Others just don't have that (yet).

Of course I fully agree with you regarding "Faßbier" and the like. I
think it would be quite easy for the German and Austrian registry to
announce the new availability of the " "ß" with a campaign along the lines
"True  'ß' finally made available, please make sure you get yours"
or some such.

Regards,    Martin.