Tables and contextual rule for Katakana middle dot

Yoshiro YONEYA yone at jprs.co.jp
Mon Apr 6 09:36:16 CEST 2009

Dear John-san and Patrik-san,

In reality, in Japanese context, KATAKANA MIDDLEDOT (U+30FB) is used
to compose names and to concatenate words, so it is used various places.
And sometimes preceeding and/or succeeding character is alphabet or digit
([a-zA-Z0-9]).  Furthermore, KATAKANA MIDDLEDOT is sometimes placed at
the beginning or the ending of names.

Therefore, it is very difficult to define rule set for KATAKANA MIDDLEDOT.
What I can say is:

    (KATAKANA MIDDLEDOT) MUST be used in Japanese context.

Regards,

--
Yoshiro YONEYA <yone at jprs.co.jp>