Q3: What characters should be allowed in a revised IDNA2008 specification?

Mark Davis mark at macchiato.com
Thu Apr 2 22:11:53 CEST 2009

Understood. But we've heard a very clear statement from DENIC on the similar
case, with eszett. That is, they prefer a mapping, and if there is a
mapping, they want it to be the same as IDNA2003. We haven't heard a clear
statement from Greek participants on the issue, so we need to work to make
sure everyone understands the current situation.

And, the Greek case could also be handled compatibly by slight
postprocessing for display and choice of names; eg, map sigma to final sigma
if final. Then "Cyprus-Travel" works fine, and we don't have URLs going to
two different locations.

Mark