Touchstones for "Mapping"

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Thu Apr 2 14:50:13 CEST 2009

Martin,

I continue to be somewhat confused by logic that suggests that storage benefits from being in the U-label form.   A-labels are almost de facto normative since they work withIDN-aware and IDN-unaware appllications. IDN-aware applications should be able to generate the corresponding U-label for presentation. IdN-unaware applications. Won't even recognize a U-label domain name as valid IWoild think. Consequently, storage in A-label form seems the rational choice. If you disagree, it must be because you see a flaw in the reasoning above. Can you clarify? V