Eszett support (was Re: Eszett (Sharp-S))

Marcos Sanz/Denic sanz at denic.de
Tue Sep 16 12:04:46 CEST 2008

Georg Ochsner schrieb am 08.08.2008 12:46:13:

> In my opinion if Denic agrees or just doesn't mind to add the sharp s
> (Eszett), then it should be done.

DENIC has carefully reviewed the situation and, after considering the
issue and transition trade-offs, concluded that it is better to have
Eszett as a PVALID character. I have read other support voices for that
position in the list. We are certainly not making any recommendations to
other registries on whether to permit that character for registration or
not; we are only making sure that we will be able to allow for Eszett
registration ourselves once IDNA2008 has become widespread.

Best regards,
Marcos