Remider: BIDI inter-label tests in -02

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Sat Sep 13 00:37:51 CEST 2008

Erik

I was being slightly sarcastic, since there have been quite a few
suggestions in the past decade or so to somehow tag dns text as having
some particular property other than uninterpreted existence, but just to
be complete, the {LRO|RLO}-to-PDF markers aren't the only way to
"outwit" the Unicode bidi algorithm, a <div mumble > can force the
correct directionality also.

Anyway, as thin as a non-spacing directionality marker is, and it
displays wicked thin, it opens an set of choices previously discarded ab
initio. Unless its cruft auto added by a revised punycode as a
work-around on the broken bidi.

Eric