Remider: BIDI inter-label tests in -02

Andrew Sullivan ajs at commandprompt.com
Mon Sep 8 23:21:29 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 01:05:05AM +0430, Alireza Saleh wrote:

> Do you think that for example, if I have x.y.com CNAME xn--mgb.3.com
> <ALEF.3.com>, the x.y.com will not resolve according to the current bidi
> draft ?

This case seems not to be covered at all, actually, so it's a good
question too.

I'm pretty sure that xn--mgb.y.com would fail the BIDI test (and MAY
not resolve) if there is y.com DNAME 3.com.  At the very least, that's
one plausible interpretation of the current draft.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/