DNSSEC + IDN + INDccTLD

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Mon Sep 1 16:00:44 CEST 2008

At 02:07 01/09/2008, Vint Cerf wrote:
>Edns0 does not require tcp as far as I know. V

http://www.caida.org/workshops/wide/0801/slides/castro-ditl_comparison.pdf
seems to indicate a proportional growth on non EDNS0.

It seems to mean that deploying IDN will call for an EDNS0
promotion/installation campaign that will also support DNSSEC, while
people supporting EDNS0 represent already a significant portion of
already motivated users. Would it not be the best time to consider an
EDNS1 version offering as well a simpler, clearer, cheaper and more
robust innovative support of Unicode domain names and may be other features?
This is certainly a question that @large Internet lead users have and discuss.
jfc