KATS (Korean Agency for Technology and Standards)'s Comments on theUnicode Codepoints and IDNA Internet-Draft

Dae Hyuk Ahn dhahn at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 31 13:29:19 CET 2008

Dear Martin,

I'm sorry but I really cannot understand what you are saying. With your German and Hungarian example, you are saying there is no way to block those ambiguous accents. So that they need to live with possibility of spoofing.

But for the Hangul case, it is *easy* just to block those Jamo blocks from IDNA. And the Korean government and linguistic community do *not* need other than 11K precomposed syllables for the domain names.

What is the real reason that some of you are continuing to put those Jamos into IDNA?

(I worked for Hangul code and encoding more than 20 years, since the Apple II+. And I am still one of the committee members of SC2 Korea.)

Thanks,
Dae Hyuk Ahn. Ph.D.