Consensus Call Tranche 8 Summary - Addendum

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Oct 22 19:50:35 CEST 2008

At 19:01 22/10/2008, John C Klensin wrote:
>But I don't think getting those recommendations tied up with the
>protocol (or the IDNA Standard more generally) is wise for a
>whole series of reasons, including the ones that I gave

If I understand your response, this is not what I suggested. I just
said that we should help as much as it is possible in making the
thinking  globally and locally similar. Even if HISTORIC is empty (it
can be decided as such at protocol level) it will help protocol
consistency to define it at protocol level, so it can be more easily
understood and correctly used at zone level.
jfc