Consensus Call Tranche 7 (BiDi Model)

Harald Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Thu Oct 16 14:38:07 CEST 2008

Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:
> Harald,
>
> 1. ccTLD registries aren't contractually obligated to ICANN. That was
> the intent of my first comment, which you appear to have missed
> completely.
I didn't miss it, I ignored it, because I wanted to make the point that
ICANN wants to require conformance to this spec for the new gTLDs (and
other gTLDs), and that's a reasonable desire.

> 2. et seq means those that follow, like router requirements follow
> from 1009, which is wicked old too. Some IETF work products are more
> used than others, and even some of the most used are imprecise, and
> bakeoffs have been necessary to find the better interpretations. I
> thought that was clear in my second comment, but obviously another
> reading was possible.
OK - so "882 et seq" actually means "1034 and 1035 with later updates".
I'll buy that, and thanks for the language lesson.

                 Harald