Consensus Call Tranche 3 (Permanence)

Michel SUIGNARD Michel at suignard.com
Thu Oct 16 03:58:25 CEST 2008

Consensus Call Tranche 3 (Permanence)

Place your reply here: YES

COMMENTS:

I could live with current statement. However, like many others I think the DISALLOWED statement should be weakened because as stated it is not really enforceable. Stability of PROTOCOL-VALID is much more critical.

Something such as: " Once a character is classified as DISALLOWED, it SHOULD
remain in that category for all future versions of the protocol
and tables."

Michel

----

(3) Permanence of DISALLOWED and PROTOCOL-VALID

(3.a) Once a character is classified as PROTOCOL-VALID, it
will remain in that category for all future versions of the
protocol and tables unless serious and unanticipated
circumstances occur.  (R.10)

(3.b) Once a character is classified as DISALLOWED, it will
remain in that category for all future versions of the protocol
and tables unless serious and unanticipated circumstances
occur.  Note that UNASSIGNED characters are not, for this
purpose, DISALLOWED.  (R.5)

NOTE NEW BUSINESS ADDRESS AND PHONE
Vint Cerf
Google