Definitions document (draft-ietf-idnabis-defs-00)

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Tue Oct 14 18:58:11 CEST 2008

Hi.

In accord with Vint's instructions after the initial set of
consensus calls on details, I've pulled what I believe to be the
normative definitional material out of "Rationale" and created a
new draft, which is now in the posting queue.  I hope that it is
soon enough that those who commented on the consensus call have
their minds wrapped enough around the issues to be able to
review and comment on the draft.

Several cautions about this version...

First, while pulling material out of Rationale and building a
separate document from it required significant editing to get
references and language correct and to have the thing hang
together, I still consider this a very crude draft.  Comments
are therefore solicited about all of content, organization, and
presentation.

Second, the material that has been moved into this is the
material that I believe to be normative or equivalent, or
material needed to directly support that material, after the
various comments on the list (that list is not the same as in my
note to Mark on the subject last week).  I've left as much
material that seemed explanatory in character in Rationale as I
could, with the intention of keeping this document short and
focused.  Those decisions are certainly open for discussion; I
hope this draft will provide the basis for a constructive and
efficient discussion of what text should or should not have been
moved.

Third, I've had to make up an abstract, section headings, and
text to tie the various pieces together.  Please review them and
make suggestions and explain if you would prefer something else.

Correspondingly revised versions of Rationale and Protocol will
follow soon.