Consensus Call Tranche 1 (Document Organization)

Michel SUIGNARD Michel at suignard.com
Tue Oct 7 23:58:39 CEST 2008

From: Vint Cerf
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 2:00 PM

DUE DATE: October 10, 2008 (ET)

Place your reply here: YES

COMMENTS:
I have no formal issue with keeping normative parts outside the protocol
document. It is not my preferred solution, it makes reading more
challenging, especially for implementers, but I could live with it, even
if reluctantly. So this is a YES strictly on the matter of document
organization.

I am however with many other here in requiring the rationale document to
identify normative and non normative parts as soon as possible. This is
standard practice in most standard documents. We can't really make
progress until we decide what is normative or not in it.

Michel Suignard